Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 40wks and 1 day, and for the past week I wake up several times a night with severe pain in my hips, knees and outer calves. What's weird (to me) is that it's the leg that's under me. I've tried pillows in all sorts of configurations with no luck. Fwiw I'm sleeping with my torso elevated. I would love any suggestions!! Anything to get more sleep...

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've been having really painful sleep as well- not only legs, feet, and calves- but also uterine contractions, hips, back, sides, etc...<br><br>
Only a few things have helped me- one is taking a liquid calcium-magnesium supplement. This helps the cramps considerably and helps me sleep in general.<br><br>
I also have a pregnancy pillow so I can put it in between my knees, under my stomach, and behind my back at the same time- LIFESAVER! I fell asleep on the couch last night without the pillow and wanted to DIE when I tried to get up LOL!<br><br>
Also- swimming in the evenings helps stretch and relax my entire body, as well as massaging my own feet and calves when they feel tense. The only thing I haven't been able to fix yet is the pain in my pubic bone and hips- it only bothers me at night but it's horrendous when I try to roll over in bed or get up. I think delivery might be the only cure for that !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts