Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that my 3 1/2 month old is 2 feet long (longer than I am wide) and I am short waisted (she stands on my legs and looks at my forehead!!) I am having a hard time nursing her in any position other than lying down. This makes it hard to go out in public. Lately she is getting her nose plugged with breast and we both end up frustrated. If I hold her on my lap, her bottom is off my opposite leg if she leans over to nurse at my breast in the classic cradle hold. Football is out of the question in public. I feel quite body awareness challenged and really want someone to show me (read move my body into different positions), but am hoping that someone here could send me a link to some reliable and helpful images that could work for me. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I sit with my legs crossed. My kids call it cris cros applesauce. It was indian style when I was little, but I think that's not PC now. (sorry...I don't want to offend anyone) then the baby's rear can go in the spot between my legs.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Not sure if this is helpful, but my 3 month old DD is also getting rather long (I'm short waisted too, & 5', 4"); if nursing in a chair w/arms (which I need for the arm support), she'll kick & hit her feet, which upsets her. So, I've been holding her in a cradle w/the arm supporting her head, but scooting down in the chair & leaning way back, w/her body going across my stomach & down one thigh, & being supported w/one hand between her legs cradling her fanny (top leg rests on my wrist/forearm).

·
Registered
21 Posts
if you have a local LLL- many moms there feed older kids and at a meeting you could see several moms feeding their older babies! That'd be great for you. My little guy is 3 1/2 months too and I'm having fun with his little feet kicking all over too. I find if I sit on the couch and lay a soft blanket across he'll feed better that way and his whole body is supported. It's rough in public for sure! Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.