Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got in my sample order of cloth diapers and am loving them!!!! Another hooked mamma here (too bad it took so long.)

ONLY THING IS.....I can not find a fold online (for the prefolds)that works w/ my DD's chunky thighs and big ole' belly. I know there are some, or I might just need practice. The 'classic' fold -- up, left side over, right side folded and tucked into left, leaves a tiny tiny corner to clip the snappi on and then it kinda gaps at the side. The 'bikini twist' fold -- honestly I can't seem to this one to work at all. The butt area is doing some serious sagging. Man o man!!!

Of course DH wants to invest mainly in AIO's
, but cost wise I would love some prefolds.... if I could only get them to work.

ANY Suggestions!?!?!?!! Thanks.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I never had a chubby baby but we did have the budda belly due to some tummy isues. It helped the make sure the diaper was a little higher in back as it seemed to allow more material to wrap around the sides to be fastened better I also found folding excess in back better. fanning out the front also helped.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I woudl think the bikini twist would be your best bet because you can "tighten" the leg area and with the expanded top and bottom it offers a whole lot more 'girth' than any other fold.

The twist can take a while to learn - I'd say practice makes perfect? be sure to twist right under the crotch, bring the diaper up and fold the top down to under the navel. You can adjust from here and pull up the back of the diaper to tighten the legs, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.