Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a sort of unique situation. I work nights, but only 3 nights a week, or rather 6 nights in 2 weeks. My daughter will be 10 months old on the 1st. I have no intentions on weaning her anytime soon but have decided to quit pumping at work. I have a gigantic stash in the freezer and am realizing that she is hardly drinking any of it at all. The only time she uses any pumped milk is every other Thursday night and Friday morning when my mom has her (because I am at work and so is my husband) otherwise I am around when she goes to bed and shortly after she wakes up to nurse her.
Here is the question... When we do run out of the milk in the freezer, what is my mom going to do to get her to sleep at night? I'm not sure if she is taking a bottle anymore or if she is just using the sippy cup before bed right now. Do you think my DD will be able to go to sleep without it? or should my mom offer cows milk?
I don't really have to worry about it yet, but I am overly concerned that this may become a problem... maybe I should just wait and see? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Since you don't have to worry about it for a few months at least I wouldn't. When the time comes you can use another milk or a snack if she needs it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts