Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree, I can't see how they could win.

I would probably move, but that's kinda foolish because as has been pointed out, we don't know that our neighbors are 'safe' either. Don't most child molesters have many, many victims before they're ever caught?

I second the large dog, and I think a privacy fence in the backyard is always a good idea. Anybody in a neighborhood should be locking their windows and doors at night, and watching their kids. They don't need to feel like prisoners.

Calpurnia, the thing that concerns me is the idea that a person can be a 'nuisance' just because of their very existence or their past, and action taken against them because they are a nuisance. Even if they are likely to offend again
...if they are out of jail then they have the right to move freely in their own yard and neighborhood, breathe, talk to the neighbors...

I totally sympathize with the family, but I don't think this lawsuit is right.

· Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
"a neighborhood like mine"

But there are children everywhere.

To say that an offender can't live in a neighborhood with 100 children, but may live in a neighborhood that only has 3 children, is to say that the 3 are not as precious as the 100. IMO. Not a real solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.