Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the sun successfully get out stains from my cloth dipes even if they have already gone through the dryer? I have some stubborn newborn BM stains I cannot get rid of.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I think so. But I would get them wet first before putting them out.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yep, dampen them and even very old poop stains should come out. I've found that if it's hot outside, you may have to dampen again.<br><br>
Anyone heard about spritzing with lemon water? I just read that somewhere ...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I have used lemon juice, I just squirted some straight on the stain and it worked awesome!<br>
What about peroxide? Anyone tried that?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Hmm.. I could have written that post. I only have newborn BM stains on the thick fabrics of the Kissaluvs fleece and the IV terry contours. However, I've already sunned out (dry, and after dryer) the IV terry contours. The Kissaluvs stains are more stubborn. I'll try dampening them first. Thanks!<br><br>
I'd be interested to know about the hydrogen peroxide as I have that in the house already and never finish the bottle!

·
Registered
279 Posts
They should come out. I'm sunning some right now that have been through the dryer. The stains are already significantly lighter. I'm sure if I dampen them again and leave them out a little longer, they'll be gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts