Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Iced tea bags against the skin. I sit with a bowl of water with some tea bags in it and wring them out and apply while watching tv, rubbing over my shoulders and face. The tannic acid supposedly helps, the cool feels good, and the tea dyes your skin a little so you don't look so lobster. Keep on the icey stuff until you don't feel hot anymore.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
My husband and I got really BAD burns like what you've described. We just slathered aloe vera gel like it was going out of style and also drank aloe vera juice with lots of other liquids. I think it made a big difference.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Cool water, aloe, more cool water internally...

Blisters are second degree burns. If they cover enough of your body, staying hydrated becomes very important. It might be worth seeing your doc, if you've got one, for some Silvadene--will prevent infection, though it can be a PIA to use as you've got to cover where you've applied it.

Aching? What do you normally use for aches? I would think anti-inflamatories to be very appropriate.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
If you are familair with homeopathics....Homeopathic remedy Cantharas 30c

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.