Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just harvested a bunch of our sunchokes and from what I understand there will be ones you miss and they will just come back up next year. Or should I be more intentional about making sure they are enough to come back up? I know they are pretty invasive, that is just great with me, more food that is not at all labor intensive.

What if I wanted to plant them in another area or give them away in the swap, I am guessing I would choose the smaller size tubers?

· Registered
84 Posts
Ours have spread to other parts of the garden on their own (there aren't many of these, and we've grown sunchokes for at least 6 years, so I don't think they're too invasive). We don't usually harvest all of them, so we have a lot, and the patches seem to get denser every year. I think I will try to remove some this year since we have so many. We can't eat all that we have right now in the soil.

I don't know which tubers to reserve for planting, since my husband has always taken care of them, but I've seen what he's given to other people and it looks like he just harvested a small section just the same as if we were going to eat them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.