Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Well... Gram bought DD some shades, so here are a few thoughts...

Baby sunglasses and front carry babywearing = completely incompatible! Tried it once and the glasses wound up on the side of her head because they were getting bumped by my boobs each time she'd turn her head to look from one side to another.

We put them on her in the car seat on bright days and sometimes she leaves them there (often), but frequently she takes them off and chews on them.

Any other time you'd use them, a hat would probably be a better choice, anyway. (Hats end up over DD's eyes if she wears them in the car seat, though).

They *are* cute, however...

This is what happens when babies wear shades

·
Registered
354 Posts
How do you keep the hats on? My daughter will not leave her hat on her head; she takes it off and either throws it on the ground or chews on it.

She'd probably do the same thing with sunglasses too.

·
Registered
970 Posts
This is interesting! I've seen the kind with the strap and DS couldn't get them off. He knocks hats off... I was wondering if it would be worthwhile for the beach or walking this summer.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Those sunglasses pics are adorable!

As for keeping the hat on, for us a chin strap is a must. By the way, I'm looking for a good floppy hat for this summer, so if anyone has any recommendations, please post!

Do they need sunglasses? I also prefer the hat option. If I were to have my dd wear sunglasses, we'd probably need a strap, and I'd want them to be "good" sunglasses, since I can't stand to wear cheap sunglasses myself.

My aunt got dd a pair for her birthday, I assume just for fun. She does have fun with them! Here's our sunglasses picture

She usually takes them off right away

·
Registered
409 Posts
this probably goes with out saying, but if you DO get sunglasses, make sure they have UV coating. Otherwise, the darkness with allow the pupil to dilate and possibly cause more harm to the eye than going without sunglasses (when squinting and a constricted pupil would help protect the eye from UV rays).

·
Registered
233 Posts
Chin strap for the hat..We got ours at Target. When oldest was a babe Baby Gap had a great hat. The brim was HUGE! I loved it. The sunglasses she keeps pushing and pushing till they are crooked gets mad I fix and we repeat the process.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Cute cute pics HRSmom!

I didn't know that about the UV coating, though DD's glasses do have it. Glad to know for future reference!

Target does have some hats with chin straps right now, though I wish the brim were a bit bigger. My baby has three hats, only one with a chin strap (the one from Target), but she doesn't pull her other ones off, which surprises me...

Hey if you're crafty, you could probably make a strap for a hat! The target hats just have velcro at the bottom of each strap to secure them easily.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.