Mothering Forum banner

Sunscreen-- Again

552 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  BeagleMommy 
#1 ·
So I have super sensitive skin, and I'm fair, and I have oily skin and whenever I put ant lotion on my face my face sweats and it all runs off.
SO... what sunscreen should I use.
I want something as natural as possible.

Also what's octinoxate, oxybenzone ? I know that it's not good, but it's in so much stuff....

thanks!

Also I've been lucky with baby, we use california baby, badger baby and weleda baby on her, all great. I jsut need something that is a daily wear for me.

#3 ·
I'm fair as well. I don't use sunblock. I live in Southern CA. My solution has always been a big floppy hat, sunglasses, and loose, lightweight but longsleeved shirts.

I do go to the beach and swim, but only early morning and late afternoon. I avoid the "peak" sun hours.

I use this method because sunblock and me = horrible rash. I'm allergic to the main ingredient in all sunblocks.

So, if you have bad reactions to sunblock ... you can walk around looking like that weird floppy hat lady.
I haven't gotten sunburned using my method, and I have very fair skin, complete with freckles.

#4 ·
Neutrogena makes some nice stuff that doesn't run, I think it's called 'dry touch' or something. It actually "matte-ifys" my skin a little bit, and doesn't get in my eyes even when I put it on my eyelids.

#5 ·
I'm quite fair as well and I'll put in another vote for "be careful and don't wear sunscreen." I don't sweat it off. I hardly sweat at all. But if I wear sunscreen at all I get too hot to be outside very quickly. Heat and humidity of the southeast is a bit much with sunblock on, IMO. I haven't had any bad sunburns since I was a teenager when I wasn't as cautious. I have trouble finding foundation make up that doesn't have sunscreen. Mostly I do without that, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.