Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously. I have tried Jason's and California baby and they both turn my brown skinned child a shade of ashy gray. Not pretty. Especially when he starts sweating.

Anyone have recs for sunscreen that doesn't do this?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Most of the natural/organic sunscreen may be zinc oxide based, so it will be very white in the beginning...it turns my white baby into "casper" lol. We use earth's best organic sunscreen.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jesrox View Post
Most of the natural/organic sunscreen may be zinc oxide based, so it will be very white in the beginning...it turns my white baby into "casper" lol. We use earth's best organic sunscreen.
my ds is very fair skinned to start with so he looks very "caspery" with sun screen on
but its better then sun damage

·
Registered
216 Posts
We use UV Natural. My babe is pretty white and I don't notice any change to his skin afterwards. I am browner (mixed native american) and don't notice any coloration afterwards for myself either. Maybe give it a try?

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm, sorry for all the "casper babies" out there

I thought about trying UV naturals but was hoping the CB would work since I got it locally and cheaply.

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I use the Aveeno Sunscreen for babies, but I think it might turn DS kinda chalky at first. But ya know, I think that I am just so afraid of him being burned in the sun, that I don't care... So, with all of that said, i will be watching this board for better options. DS is a brown baby that turns chalky with sunscreen too... but I really like the Aveeno regardless of that problem.

-L

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.