Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I define super soaker as needing to change a sopping wet diaper every hour, soaking through a fitted diaper in one pee, or needing to change diapers more than once at night for an older baby. I consider myself to have a super soaker since all of the above apply to my DD...

Aliya

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Hmmm...I don't know. I think I use that term because I've constantly had a hard time finding something that won't leak on him. I thought my first son was, too, but he isn't/wasn't nearly as bad as this baby. He will soak through a fitted in one pee (like the pp said) and I have to make sure everything is very absorbant (like adding a hemp doubler, using wool soakers, avoiding most AIOs, etc.). HTHs!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Everything everyone has said defines my dd LOL Tring to get my hands on soem wool atm but they why to it is another story

My super soaker goes through fitteds/pfs in one pee also, I usually use microfiber inserts from Mother of Eden or Cotton Babies (sorry too lazy to link) those last awhile on her.

A night time solution took me months of waking up in wet sheets to figure out the right solution, and now that I've foudn it, I'm scared to expermint with other diapers!

·
Registered
776 Posts
i don't have a super soaker
my first was, but this one isn't....his diapers are never extreamly wet, and like a pp said that a prefold gets soaked in one pee....mine can keep a prefold on for several hours and be ok if he had too...we actually figured it out when he was still in sposies (which he is part time for a while till we can get the $$ to finish up his stash) but when i changed him every other hour he wasn't soaked, just damp and you could smell that pee mixed with baby powder smell...he has gone up in diapers b/c of weight, not b/c of him soaking through...
hth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.