Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I'm still breastfeeding my ten month old, but very little.  I work full time, and I chose to put my pump away several months ago.  She's an excellent eater as far as solids go.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So here's our schedule:</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>7:30 a.m. - breastfeed</strong></p>
<p> </p>
<p><em>8:00 a.m. - breakfast (usually fruit with oatmeal or organic yogurt)</em></p>
<p> </p>
<p>11 a.m. - bottle of goat's milk (store bought)</p>
<p> </p>
<p><em>12 p.m. - lunch (usually avocado, banana, or some other whole-food mashed) and a jar of babyfoood</em></p>
<p> </p>
<p>2:00 p.m. - breastfeed (stop home from the office)</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>5:00 p.m. - breastfeed (get home around 4:30 or so)</strong></p>
<p> </p>
<p>5:30 p.m. - dinner (usually mashed steamed veggies and brown rice, or jar food)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>6:15 p.m. - try to squeeze in one more breastfeeding if we have time and she's interested</p>
<p> </p>
<p>6:30 p.m. - she goes to sleep.  Sleeps all night...she's a wonderful sleeper, which leaves me feeling great, but eliminates any night nursings.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've bolded the only two constant nursing sessions.  The others are a "maybe," and if I miss the 2 pm feeding, she gets another bottle of goat's milk.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So she regularly gets 2 breast-feedings per day, sometimes more.  On the weekends she nurses 3-4 times per day, no goats milk unless hubby and I go on a date and have a babysitter. She does really well on the goat's milk, even though it's not raw. </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>My question is...would you be concerned that 2 constant feedings for a ten month old is just not enough for good nutrition?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What other concerns would you bring to my attention about our schedule?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you.</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts