Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if it's just my imagination, but it seems like lately my supply might be lower. I'm not exactly why I think this but Marsha is nursing for longer periods of time. Usually she'd be done in half an hour but now she's on the breast for an hour or longer sometimes. I'm sick with a cold, and have been drinking Echinacea tea with Eucalyptus and Mint trying to get better but I read that Mint is drying. I just don't 'feel' like they are ever full. Marsha is still having her urine and BM in normal amounts so she's not malnourished or anything. She does have a small cold. Also, my period started today. Does the menstrul cycle affect supply? Please, someone, help me not feel so crazy!
Sorry the post was so rambling!

·
Registered
770 Posts
I was just going to post something about this. I noticed about a week ago a real difference in my milk supply. I usually pump about 3 times a week and one morning after 6 hours of not nursing I only got 2 oz total! After talking with LLL leaders and trying tons of supplementation, my conclusion is that is hormonal. I noticed that I was ovulating and that my supply was much affected by that. After that ended, my milk came back like normal and I am not taking the fenugreek or blessed thistle. Your baby will eat what she needs. FYI- my homeopathic DR. said that all of the teas are fine. You would have to drink such a large quantity of it to really affect your milk production. She also encourages me to take homeopathic pills when I am sick and no harm will come to your babe. I would be interested to hear what happens to your supply after all your hormones are back to normal.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. That is good you are pumping, I think if I was pumping still too that maybe I'd feel more at ease. I've just gotten really lazy about it though. I'll keep drinking my water and herb teas. Hopefully I'll remember to post back when things normalise again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts