Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just FINALLY topped worrying about my supply an now out of the blue thing seem to be decreasing!

My DD is 6 months old (today!!
: ) and has NOT started solids yet. I work for 11-12 hours on Fridays and then about 6 hours on Saturdays. I pump 3 times on Fridays and once on Saturdays. Up until the last 2-3 week I've been getting about 6oz per session. Suddenly thing have gone down a lot-this morning I have only gotten 3oz in the 1st session. I have a huge freezer stash and I know DD is better than the pump, but I am still worried.

Nothing has changed-DD nurses every 2-3 hours in the day, constantly in the evening and lately pretty much all night long. My diet etc is the same.

I just read JSMa's thread and will replace my pump membranes. I plug the pump in, so no batteries to change.

Why would this suddenly be happening? I have not gotten AF back yet-maybe it's getting ready to start again? I have ome Mother's MIlk te nad fenugreek that I can start if needed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I pumped exclusively for my twins for 11.5 months. I noticed a pattern after a couple months that my supply would decrease for a week or so and then go back up. I really think it was a hormonal thing - like I would've gotten my period that week if I wasn't pumping. I used motherlove more milk plus drops and that would help bounce it back up. Also more frequent pumpings to bump things back up. It always came back to my normal amount.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I'm going to try not to stress about it mainly, at least not yet. I changed the membranes on the pump so will see if that has any effect. I did also notice a bit more (TMI) discharge lately, so maybe I AM starting to have some cycling hormones again, even if there is no AF yet. DD doesn't seem any less satisfied than normal, so that's good.

Here's to hoping things don't get any worse!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts