Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the August Parents magazine, "Delivery Drugs" provides very limited information for families, and a poor portrayla of natural childbirth.<br><br>
The article states, "Pain-free is back in vogue. The days of the macho mama may be over", and proceeds as if drugs are the only pain relief option.<br><br>
I encourage you to tell Parents magazine that drugs are not the only pain relief available, and ask them to not mock natural childbirth by calling it "macho."<br><br>
The article is accompanied by a truly horrible photo of a woman with a<br>
smiley face drawn on her back (to mark the spot of needle entry?).<br><br>
Let's work together for safer, saner births.<br><br>
In peace,<br>
Lisa Rand

·
Registered
133 Posts
but I haven't been on to MDC in a long while and (duhh!!!) have to forgotten how to post a new comment!!!<br><br>
I tried earlier today, posted (or thought I did) two things, neither of which are showing up!<br><br>
Can anyone help this senile mom?<br><br>
Sorry to have butted in......<br><br>
By the by, saw this article and CRINGED, sadly because I succumbed to using pain meds because of crappy hospital births, posterior babies, and no support to help me cope....How do we change this system?????<br><br>
Janet

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
A lot of the mainstream magazines are quite dismal. I don't like the criticism they give of families who support natural parenting and I hate the way that "gotta-have" products are defined by celebrities or price tags. Ugggg....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts