Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Help! DH & I just bought tickets online last night to see Spamalot on the 9th of december. I seriously wasn't thinking (obviously) and just said standard (and thus free!) shipping, which I somehow didn't realize was 10-14 days... and the 9th is, of course, only like 12 days away! :( I'm soo freaked out that they aren't going to come!!  Should I be? What can I do? Anything? Help!!</p>

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
<p>I wouldn't worry about it, the delivery estimates for that kind of thing are usually way longer than they actually take to arrive. Depending on the venue, you may not even need the paper tickets, if your names are on the list.</p>

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
<p>Don't worry, they don't allow you to choose standard shipping if there's not time. And it's all there in the computer. You'll be fine!</p>

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
<p>I once lost tickets to a Broadway show! Literally they had arrived weeks before, I tucked them away, and I LOST them! I called the theater earlier in the day and they were able to look up the tickets, and told me I could pick up replacement tickets at the box office. They were stamped with the words "REPLACEMENT TICKETS" so if someone else had shown up with the originals, the usher would have honored those over our replacement tickets, but since they were lost in my apartment and knew that wouldn't happen, all was fine. (I later found them in another envelope with theater tickets for a different show. I take it that means we had too many theater shows booked for that year!)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If it gets to be the day before or the day of the show, call the theater and I'm sure they'll do something like the above. </p>

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
<p>If they don't arrive by 24 hours before the performance, then you should be able to call and talk to someone so they can set it up for you to get your tickets either via email or at the door. Don't freak out, I promise the last thing these people want or need is for you to not be able to see the show because you didn't get your tickets on time.</p>

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<p>Oh thank you all so much! That makes me feel *SO* much better! We've never seen a show before... I mean, I guess I vaguely rememember seeing some crappy little high school plays or what not, but nothing like this :) I'm so excited!!</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts