1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by EVC
Not me, but I love your pictures

Thanks...I am surprised there aren't all kinds of surfers on a forum like this...

·
Banned
1,383 Posts
well not a surfer but a wanabe, always loved the sport as much as i love the water and the ocean, im thinking of taking up diving as well later on.

my ony problem is what kind of board to get since im a begginer/

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
i should learn to surf. I've never lived more than twenty minutes from the beach my whole life (well, except the month or two I lived in Tennessee) but I'm living in Hawaii now, so I really don't have an excuse not to learn.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suprakid1982
well not a surfer but a wanabe, always loved the sport as much as i love the water and the ocean, im thinking of taking up diving as well later on.

my ony problem is what kind of board to get since im a begginer/
Bigger is better for a beginner...for the most part...how tall are you? I am 5'8" and 175lbs and generally use a 7'10" Becker LC3...but Surfmama likes her 9ft board and she is only 5'2" and not much over 100lbs...the picture of her at the bottom is with my 7'10"...and littlesurfer int he pic at the bottom is standing in front of a 6' board...I wouldn't recommend anything shorter than 7'6" for a beginner...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by frontierpsych
i should learn to surf. I've never lived more than twenty minutes from the beach my whole life (well, except the month or two I lived in Tennessee) but I'm living in Hawaii now, so I really don't have an excuse not to learn.
Oh, you gotta surf...Hawaii...*I have a little wave envy now*

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
I'd have to wait till after I have this baby though. I doubt she would enjoy all my inevitable wipeouts while in utero!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

I'd have to wait till after I have this baby though. I doubt she would enjoy all my inevitable wipeouts while in utero!

Good point...the maternity wetsuits are way over priced anyway...

·
Registered
699 Posts
Ohh, ooh! Me

DH

DS can't walk yet but will be in the water soon enough.

There is a surfer thread buried somewhere here on the tribes.

You're little girl is so cute! We just can't wait to get out there and do that with DS. She's a trooper in the cold water though, yikes! I like mine 80*F and above please.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Quote:

I surfed until I was 14 weeks and it was DH that made me stop!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ripcurlgirl26
Ohh, ooh! Me

DH

DS can't walk yet but will be in the water soon enough.

There is a surfer thread buried somewhere here on the tribes.

You're little girl is so cute! We just can't wait to get out there and do that with DS. She's a trooper in the cold water though, yikes! I like mine 80*F and above please.

Wow, You guys are good...how long have you been surfing...

·
Registered
699 Posts
How long? I believe DH has been doing it for about 16 years. Me, about 4 and a half, DH taught me when we started dating. Of course I had to take time off to bake and deliver the little one and then I had to work through my paddling with BFing boob issues, so I'm still really getting back into it.

Maybe we'll see our kiddos on the WTC one day?

How about you guys?

·
Banned
1,383 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SurfDaddy
Bigger is better for a beginner...for the most part...how tall are you? I am 5'8" and 175lbs and generally use a 7'10" Becker LC3...but Surfmama likes her 9ft board and she is only 5'2" and not much over 100lbs...the picture of her at the bottom is with my 7'10"...and littlesurfer int he pic at the bottom is standing in front of a 6' board...I wouldn't recommend anything shorter than 7'6" for a beginner...
im around 5'6 and 177lbs. great thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suprakid1982
im around 5'6 and 177lbs. great thanks

you'd do fine on anything bigger than 7'10"...but a 9' board would be best to learn on for a while...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ripcurlgirl26
How long? I believe DH has been doing it for about 16 years. Me, about 4 and a half, DH taught me when we started dating. Of course I had to take time off to bake and deliver the little one and then I had to work through my paddling with BFing boob issues, so I'm still really getting back into it.

Maybe we'll see our kiddos on the WTC one day?

How about you guys?
We only started a little over 2 years ago...we moved to the beach a few months later...We are not anywhere near good, but the beach life is great...

·
Registered
138 Posts
So My dd's are little surfer girls too and loves the beach! I will have to see if I can dig up pictures! one is 2.5 and the other is 12 months!
We are in Southern California:)

I can't surf now cause Im to preggo but I really wich I could!

I dont know how to add a picture! hmmm...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecurlycue
So My dd's are little surfer girls too and loves the beach! I will have to see if I can dig up pictures! one is 2.5 and the other is 12 months!
We are in Southern California:)

I can't surf now cause Im to preggo but I really wich I could!
Thats great...nothing better that getting to share the ocean with the little ones...hope you can dig up some photos...

1 - 20 of 63 Posts