Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am trying to figure out some health issues I've been having and I wonder if anyone with surgical tape/bandaid adhesive contact allergies can be allergic to other things. I found out that I react to surgical tape adhesive six years ago after my first c-section and now I'm wondering if similar compounds are in cosmetics that I use or foods that I eat.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a pretty severe allergic reaction to adhesives, but I don't seem to have any problems with corn products or any other substance.

·
Registered
318 Posts
i react to adhesives in bandages because i am allergic to latex. any "non latex" bandaids (which are usually marked on the box that they are latex free) are fine for me. could you do a test with one latex bandage and one non latex? at least it would rule that out.

when i had dd the hospital had a huge red bracelet on me with "latex allergy" written on it, so that everyone would wear non latex gloves etc around me.....and then they used tape with latex adhesive to tape my i.v. down. part of my post partum pain was having a rash all over my arms. yeesh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.