Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dds, ages 2.5 and 11 months, nurse a large portion of the night between them. I am looking for helpful strategies in keeping myself feeling healthy (I am not looking to nightwean). So far, I sleep whenever possible, so as to make up in quantity what I lack in quality. I used to nap with dd1, but they are on different schedules (they nap when their bodies feel tired), so I don't get to do that any more.

We cosleep, and it seems to work out that one nurses while the other sleeps, otherwise dd2 sits up to nurse then lies back down to go to sleep.

It's been tough recently though--between them they nurse quite a bit (I'd guess that between them, at least 20 times each night, maybe more...I don't count). If I drink a lot of water, I have frequent bathroom trips, which often equals dd2 waking up, which can equal less sleep for me/more sleep-nursing and sore back/shoulders. If I don't drink during the night, I wake up very dehydrated.

DD2 seems to want to nurse more than eat...she looks great and is thriving, but nurses a lot! I have tried giving her extra food at night, but she's not interested.

I think maybe they are both growing now and maybe teething, hence the need for more calories and soothing at night.

Anyway, any strategies/stretches/sleeping positions or other BTDT advice would be welcomed! TIA!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Much appreciated! I'm glad we cosleep but sometimes it feels physically challenging. I remind myself how much worse it would be to have to go running into the next room to comfort crying babies though and then it feels like a breeze!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.