Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been bf my 20 month dd to the extent that my cycle has never returned. we still bf through the night. the last week i've had significant lower back pain and nausea. dh has a cold and i have been known to hold cold viruses in my lower back, but i just visited my chiropractor and i tested negative for a virus.<br><br>
so i'm all suspicious of my symptoms. yesterday i took a pregnancy test (one with an expired date, however) which came up negative. since i never cycled, i have no idea how i should know if have waited long enough to test.<br><br>
anyone with experience with this?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hi,<br><br>
My dd is 16 months old and I have also not had my first ppaf. I have had episodes of pretty serious nauseau (to the point of dry heaving) and have taken pregnancy tests, only to have them be negative. You can become pregnant before you get your first period, especially given how old your dd is. So, you could be pg, or your body could be reacting to the hormones as it tries to resume cycling. I know that is not a totally clear answer, but I hope it helps. If you think you might be pg, you could always test a week from now or get a blood test. In the meantime, I would just act as if you were pg (in terms of your diet, alcohol intake, etc) until you knwo for sure.<br><br>
Good luck!<br><br><br><div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>wasatchmom</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">i have been bf my 20 month dd to the extent that my cycle has never returned. we still bf through the night. the last week i've had significant lower back pain and nausea. dh has a cold and i have been known to hold cold viruses in my lower back, but i just visited my chiropractor and i tested negative for a virus.<br><br>
so i'm all suspicious of my symptoms. yesterday i took a pregnancy test (one with an expired date, however) which came up negative. since i never cycled, i have no idea how i should know if have waited long enough to test.<br><br>
anyone with experience with this?</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts