Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya!

I'm hosting a Halloween-themed practice challenge at my blog! Practice chart, completion certificate are printable and I'll pull a name from the participants to receive a handmade violin prize medallion in October colors.

http://www.littleblueschool.com

I'm also collecting links to YouTube (or other types of) videos of Suzuki violin students doing their thing, to collect for a digital mega-recital I'm putting together. Any links?

I thought I'd come out of lurkdom to post this, since you guys are not likely to start waving "Halloween is of the devil!" signs at me. Hey, we like Halloween, and if dressing the violin like a ghost makes the child practice, then who am I to deny the violin a little dress-up? Heh.

Love,
LYDIA

·
Registered
887 Posts
Cute chart! We don't use charts, but my kids saw the pumpkins on the screen and begged me to print it out. Any chance you/I could modify the file to make it 7 days per week or 30/31 days total? Totally understand if not an option. We're members of the "only practice on days that you eat" cult so they're asking me for a chart with more pumpkins. We can play either way!

BTW, I thought MA was a blue state.

:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can absolutely make a 31 pumpkin chart.
I sent you a PM about getting it to you. Alternatively, you could start the challenge on the 6th? Or you could end early and feel very proud and happy!

And about Nantucket... I forgot I wrote that in as my location. Hehehe. It was just me being silly.
: I actually live in Virginia.

Love,
LYDIA

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Thank you! That's a cute chart.

I made a chart of all the songs she's to practice and then we either draw a little picture in the box or put a sticker down for each song she plays. So for Theme of Twinkle I might draw a star and Lightly Row may get a row boat. That just gives her something to see all that she's played.

I bet she's going to enjoy coloring in these pumpkins!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.