Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I looked a bit and couldnt find a recent thread- let me know if there is one i am usurping.

My name is Tabitha, and I moved here with my family about 4 months ago. We live in Taney County. I have met a few homeschooling familes, but i am stuck at home all day and haven't made many friends.

I have a 3.5 yr old boy named Tristan and an 18 month old girl named Kassiopeia. We are an unschooling family. My husband, Karl, works as a stone mason's apprentice.

I have finally gotten "In" the OCW, the prices are okay. I would love to hear about more sources for organics in the area.

I know there are more of us out there, let this be our tribal thread. I have a strong need for community-even virtually- something i had nourished in California- and need to build anew!

Nice to meet you all.

Tabitha & Co

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
hi, yeah anytime yo uare in town we can get together.
my schedule is pertty open being a stay at home mom and all lol

i shoudl probably be diong productive things but both boys are going through really dependent phases and so i get not much at all done.

i am so not good at introducing myself sigh

i think your daughter's name is fantastic.

ummm yeah so not being able to introduce myself tonight..dang

ok i have two sweet boys ages 4 months and almost three years. my three year old (almost) is a very sweet little boy who loves baby dolls and all things pink and sparkly. my 4 month old..well he drools alot and he has major breastmilk chub
lol

i have perpetually bad hair...both my boys were born at home...we will homeschool...i have way more baby carriers than i need...i knit alot ...i love it.

i have recently decided that i will get that dang labret after all...cause dang it i have wanted one since i was 16 and i just can't think of any good reason not to get it.

umm i love to read..though i don't get much time these days...i'm a bit of a music geek...and...and...ok that's all i can think of. lol

·
Registered
539 Posts
hey Tabitha! This is michelle/hippie_mama/whatever, lol. We sorta know each other already from xanga, the Springfield LLL board, and here, but i wanted to post a little something in case any new faces happened by.

i'm a pretty isolated SAHM too, i met with some of the LLL ladies once, and one of the leaders and her family another time, but that's it. Hopefully we can get our second car fixed soon (and our primary car as well..nice how everything breaks at once, eh?) and the kids and i will be less dependant on my husbands crazy work hours. I'd love to drop by some day if you'll have us--i keep trying to wrap my brain around the sort of community you describe as having in Cali--i think we'd have the potential for that if we weren't all so spread out.

Anyway...hi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.