Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a c-section with my first pregnancy. I am really looking into a vbac with this pregnancy. The only problem is, I don't really know of any local doctors who do this practice. Any recommendations?

BTW, my name is Corissa, I'm 22, married, and a mother to a beautiful, one year old boy. His name is Jonah. We are from mountains of Southwestern Virginia. I am a SAHM and plan to pursue a career working with children. Nice to meet you all. *waves*

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Welcome!
We are in Ferrum. I am planning a VBAC for my next birth.
This past Saturday I attended the ICAN Birth Expo in Roanoke, and met a LLL leader who has had a VBA3C, it was very encouraging! I don't know if you are seeking a homebirth or not, but there are some CPMs in the area that attend HBACs.

-crissei

·
Registered
74 Posts
By "mountains" where do you mean? are you wililng to travel? I know that most all of the OB's in Roanoke are supportive of/perform vbac's. I can think of 2(out of 13 private physicians) that are most definitely NOT supportive of vbac.

Really, though, all the practices do vbac deliveries, now at ROanoke Memorial.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Funny thing first - my firstborn is Jonah too!!

I'm looking at a VBAC too - although Smyth Co. hospital told me the "dont deliver vbacs." I'm hoping to work with a midwife/doula that I found on dona.org and at wellroundedmoms.com.... Most of them are in the Blacksburg/Roanoke region, some do travel though. Most hospitals in the region will not allow a VBAC. I think there are some Bristol doctors that come up to the Abingdon Season's office that are pro-VBAC but I don't know where they deliver at - Abingdon's hospital or Bristol's?
I think I will just labor at home as long as possible and then just show up at the hospital ready to deliver and refuse a c-section when offered. They can't force you to have a c-section! Of course, we all know we will have one if necessary - I did with my first child.Anyway, this is a topic that I think has not been sufficiently addressed in our region. Away from big hospitals and birthing centers, those of us who desire a more natural birth pretty much have to fend for ourselves! But check out the Internet - you'll find it if you dig deep enough!
:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.