Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***I'm not planning on doing this right now, but if I go toooo far overdue (AZ will only let my midwife attend me until I'm 42 weeks), or if my blood pressure keeps rising, I might consider it so to avoid a hospital.***

I've read about cimicifuga and caulophyllum to start labor... I've read the risks and benefits, differences between herbal pills, tinctures, and homeopathic pills (balls)... and I've come to the conclusion that IF I were to have to resort to this I would try the homeopathic balls... BUT, I throw up if I let anything disolve in my mouth... seriously... a friend gave me a piece of merengue candy that started to disolve when I put it in my mouth and I threw up even with THAT! Obviously it's not a flavor issue ~laughs~ Soooo, do the homeopathic balls HAVE to be dissolved in the mouth or can I just swallow them?

Again, I really hope to not have to worry about this... everyone has been thinking for a while that she'll come soon (everyone is SHOCKED I'm still pregnant!), but just in case, I want to be prepared.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
i've used arnica montana homeopathic pellets made by boiron, and they are so slow dissolving. arnica is intended for muscle soreness, and was so great postpartum. perhaps you could do a test run with one or two of them before you make a decision about the others. also, i know there is a company out there that makes homeopathics that are more like sugar crystals as opposed to pellets. anyone know the company? i've been meaning to call our midwives as our baby's one year birthday is coming up, so i will try to ask them since they use that type for mamas in labor.

peaceful pregnancy and safe birthing to you...

warmly,
claudia

eta: i did a quick search on google and i couldn't find anything about the homeopathics that are crystal-like. i'll check around, though. and one more thing i forgot to mention about homeopathics: from what i understand of how they work, the idea behind wanting them to dissolve in your mouth (preferably under your tongue) is that they enter the blood stream much, much quicker this way.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Just have a second, but you can disolve the "balls" or tablets in a small amount of hot water. Then, take tiny sips of the water, holding the water in your mouth (and under your tongue) before swallowing it.

Problem solved?

Happy Healthy labor vibes for the the time is right!

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
You put them under your tongue and they are really tiny, would that help?

Perhaps you could put them in a small amount of water to dissolve.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I've used them before and they dissolve so quickly I don't know if it would get to the point of you throwing up. Maybe its all that excess saliva I have when I am pg I don't know. But its way better than the tinctures. If you gag with taste issues def go with the homeopathic stuff. Yucko! Even the ones without alcohol is nasty. (totally hear you know the 42 week limit here. That stupid law has caused more stress for me and my family)

Michelle

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Dissolve it in water. If there's no way on earth you can make this work for you, cut a hole in a jelly baby or other sweetie and hide your pillules in that- it's not ideal, but it works- the remedies just take a lot longer to kick in.

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
They are so tiny too, it is way different IMO than when a hard candy disolves in your mouth. I hardly notice them disolve except if I pay attention I can taste the subtle sweet from the sugar, but it is such a tiny amount, not the big swishes of melted sugar like a hard candy. Try one out now just to see how it feels.

The only time it would be comparable to sucking a hard candy I think is if you use that oscillococcinum since it is a whole barrel of pellets!

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
I wanted to add that they are really, really tiny. So much so that once I put it under my tongue I really can't feel them anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.