Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son sweats a ton when he sleeps. He can cuddle with you and be fine but as soon as he is asleep he starts sweating. There will be a big wet spot where his head was. Always. I am not overdressing him for bed or anything. Any ideas? It seems so strange.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Lukie sweats alot too, he always seems too have greasy hair, even minutes after his bath. I just figured it was because he was hot blooded, I also see that when he cries, he sweats profusely, does your baby sweat really bad when he/she cries.. I am going too ask the ped about this, I have never dealt with a baby who sweats as much as Luke does, and like you.. we do not over dress..

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The four youngest of our five kids have all been pretty hot, sweaty babies when sleeping. Not only is the sheet often damp where that little head has been resting, but the onesie (or sheet, if wearing only a diaper) that is along the body is also so damp that it's sometimes hard to decide if they have sweated, or "over-peed" their diaper during the night.<br><br>
We've never chalked it up to anything more than little babies learning to regulate their temperatures and having high metabolism. Just chuckle about it with our BIL/SIL, whose girls were the same (and co-slept just as we do).<br><br>
Everything has been fine.

·
Registered
604 Posts
My DS is a sweaty little guy too, especially at night. My father, brother, and I are all the same way - we get horribly sweaty backs, especially, which is highly unpleasant on occasion. DD seems to have escaped the sweat gene, but DS is obviously cursed to sweat through his clothing for the rest of his life.<br><br>
We co-sleep, and when he seems warm I make sure to give him his space, and I have an extra absorbent pad under the part of the bed he frequents to protect the mattress.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Both of mine have always been super sweaty babies. I just got done nursing DD back down and her hair was soaked when I picked her up.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
my suggestion-dress him in 100% cotton. Anything with even a little synthetic fiber can cause them to sweat. A lot of sleepers are fleece or a blend of fibers that can make the babies really hot. If my house is really warm i let dd sleep naked.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My dd also sweats alot. I asked my mom about it and she said that the only thing she knew of was that if the sweat was really salty then that might be a sign of cystic fibrosis. DD's doesn't taste like anything..and I'm sure that's not it. But I just thought I'd throw that out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts