Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were single, that's how my personal ad would read:
Single White Female in search of single professional male to share love of diapers.

My husband he's a WONDERFUL man and I just would never trade him in even for the sexiest of fluff lovers. But, goodness, it would be nice to be able to rattle on about dipes to him and have him not have to PRETEND to care. Of course, talking fluff... could be a real turn off, too. I mean, what if it just made me feel like I was on the phone with some girlfriend talking about the latest score!?!?

No no, I won't day dream about being single and snatching up a fluff lovin' man. Afterall... I'm not really sure one actually exists! Anyone know of a guy (over the age of 2) that loves listening to fluff as much as you like talking about it?

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Tell me about it! I attempted to share my excitement about a certain cow diaper today and he completely glazed over. He did have a revalation (sp? I can't spell past midnight) the other day that made up for his lack of enthusiasm. He said to me,"You know, cloth diapers make diapering fun."
He gets it!

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright!!!! He get's it!!!
That's soooo cool!

Um... this is my pact with Jason -- He can talk technical mumbo jumbo (which I used to find hot... but after so many logged hours of hardware, software, etc... I'm a little glazed over at times). But, then I get to talk fluff. Sometimes I wish I had a timer, so I could hit START when he started talking techie stuff. Then, I could have that amount of time to talk fluff. I think we'd both actually be just that much more interested to hear each other if we knew we'd get that long in return!!! :LOL

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, I should note, it's 3:30am here, so if I sound awful or evil in thsi thread... I'm really not (or maybe I am
) I'm just tired.

I love my husband and I am capable of carrying on a conversation that doesn't involve fluff... otherwise I'd be typing from an asylum where my husband lovingly placed me.

Oh, totally unrealted sidebar: When Jude gets mad at me lately he sticks out his lower lip and says in his 3.5 yo dialect, "Mom, I wish you go back to hosptal!" (that would be for HG though and not for mental issue FYI)

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MissSugarKane
I have already posted that personal ad everywhere. No replies yet
:
:LOL OH!!! OH!!! That's funny!!! Maybe we need to raise our sons up to be that man!!!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
my dh is a hyena in training

He snagged me a fluffymail custom a while back as a surprise
He helps me stalk and is actually quite successful at it
He asked me last week if he could borrow a few dipes to show the people he works with because they couldn't believe "someone would pay that much for a diaper" :LOL (he was going to take his little bag of hyena fluff to work on Friday, but he forgot it...and now he's home today because our hot water heater got a little too excited about Father's day and busted itself last night
now we have a super soggy basement) Hopefully I'll be able to report on what they all thought of the fluff tomorrow

anyway...he's not up for grabs (well...sometimes I think I'd like to throw him back out on the market :LOL ...but I always change my mind
)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Uuuummm...I just might be married to that man!

He speaks openly about breastfeeding too

But, of course that could be because I am a lactation counselor, and we are now selling cds at our b&m store... :LOL

Heck, we spent our Father's Day washing and lanolizing wool covers!

·
Registered
472 Posts
:LOL My dh is pretty crunchy, thank goodness.

I cracked up the other night b/c he had to put the baby in a clean shirt and he picked the "Got Breastmilk" one, knowing that he was going to talk to our neighbor guy about a tree that has fallen on our property. He knew he was taking the baby with him. I said, "Do you realize what shirt you put on James", he says "yep, it's a conversation starter"! LOL. I love this man. (Even though he ONLY reaches for the happy heinys and fb's-never the exciting hyena stuff)

·
Registered
953 Posts
My hubby is sooo not excited about CD's, But he tries... LOL i made the CUTEST cover last week and ran out to show him. NO RESPONsE( he was watching some nascar thing.. what did I expect?? LOL) then finnally after we talking about it for 5 min, he siad, its cute.....just so matter of factly.
Oh well, I guess as long as he supports me. I dont need him to be in LOVE with it. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts