Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to the beach for vacation in 2 weeks and I have swim shoes for my 5 y/o DS, but wondering what to do with DD's feet(she is 10months) who is standing cruising almost walking...We wear robeez on her..should I just wear those as swim shoes or wear can I buy infant swim shoes? I googled and I ma having no luck finding anything...
Anyone BTDT advice?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I don't think I'd use the robeez as swin shoes, I'd imagine they'd get all yucky that way. I know that they make swin shoes for bby becuase we have couple of pairs that were hand-me downed to us for dd. Have you tired a terget or kamrt?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I really like the Hang 10 swim shoes they have at Babies R us right now. They are very soft soled, softer than some others I've seen, and easy to get on baby feet. And in simple bright colors. They are about $7. The only trick is getting there when they have your child's size in stock.

DS hasn't worn his much yet as I just found them in his size this week. He's almost 14 months and has been walking for a while. But he walks in them easily.

I did a net search and found a couple of places to get them on line. I think I could dig up a link or two if you need it. Try calling them "water shoes"; as I recall, that works better for a search.

Other places to look: Stride Rite has some cute spendy ones, Payless has some, and so does our local sporting goods store. You can find them if you dig around, though some lines only start at size 5. I'm happy with the ones I've chosen.

I wouldn't wear Robeez as swim shoes only because the leather seems to take forever to dry. And they might be slippy on river rocks, but not so much on sand. If you have an extra/old pair you might consider trying them.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks girls
..still googling...found some but they were sold out going to try BRU now...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.