Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this might be kind of a weird question, but I've noticed a mild connection, so I have to ask.

It's going to be 101 degrees here today, and I really, really want to go swimming at Grandma's. The kids would be thrilled to death if we went. However, we are ALL congested. I think it's allergies for me, and teething for DS2, but I'm not sure about DS1. I'm only hesitant because last spring/summer, I clearly remember that the first time we went swimming, I had been a bit congested, and that night I ended up with a sinus infection. I don't know if it was a coincidence or if there is a connection there, but regardless, it's making me hesitant. Thoughts?

· Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverinbluejeans View Post
I think if it is a chlorine pool it would not be a good idea. If is the salt kind of pool it would probably be OK.
Tell me more. What difference does the chlorine make? I mean, I know that it's not exactly the healthiest for us, but what effect will it have in a situation like this?

· Registered
181 Posts
There is still chlorine in a salt pool. It's just generated from the salt. I would still swim. I have always found that it usually helps my sinuses to go swimming- sort of cleans them out. The only thing that would stop me is if you are truly sick. Getting chilled wouldn't seem like a great idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.