Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Do they need one?   I have a boy and,well even if I had a girl I wouldn't care to much if she had a suit or not as long as her bottom was covered. Do I need to get him some swim trunks or can he just wear his swim diaper? Also is it ok to get water in his ears now?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
<p>I just used the swim diaper (cloth & super cute print) but apparently some facilities require a swimsuit over the swim diaper so check with the pool you are going to (unless you're going to one of mother nature's swimming pools!)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I never worried about water in the ears. Ds' ears got submerged during baths & swims. But I suppose a different child might respond differently.</p>

·
Registered
433 Posts
<p>I always just let my ODD go in her swim diaper and I was like the freak of our swimming class because there were only a couple of us who didn't have fancy suits for our LO's. It was winter and they weren't easy to find but I just didn't see the point of them anyway. Now with YDD we have a couple swim shirts from our trip but if we didn't have those she'd probably be in just a swim diaper too.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I haven't been overly worried about her ears and so far, so good.......knock on wood (didn't mean for that to rhyme)</p>

·
Registered
433 Posts
<p>I always just let my ODD go in her swim diaper and I was like the freak of our swimming class because there were only a couple of us who didn't have fancy suits for our LO's. It was winter and they weren't easy to find but I just didn't see the point of them anyway. Now with YDD we have a couple swim shirts from our trip but if we didn't have those she'd probably be in just a swim diaper too.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I haven't been overly worried about her ears and so far, so good.......knock on wood (didn't mean for that to rhyme)</p>

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
<p>esDD swims in a swimsuit, with a Bum Genius pocket diaper stuffed with the thinner insert. She has a blast. We let her get water in her ears, but now that its cold I use a 50/50 water/alcohol solution so the water dries up faster.</p>

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<p>I found a cool swim diaper today! I paid .25 cents for it!</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href="http://www.kushiesonline.com/Swim-Diaper-p/c625-c628pnkp.htm" target="_blank">http://www.kushiesonline.com/Swim-Diaper-p/c625-c628pnkp.htm</a> It's blue though!</p>

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
<p>We just use the sposie swim diapers available here. We've been taking ds swimming with us since he was about 6-8 weeks. The baby pool turned out to not be as warm as advertised so we take him swimming at a spa with nice warm pools. It's supposed to be a wellness fitness and spa place for adults, but due to the water temperatures a lot a parenty are bringing their babies there to swim.</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts