Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we wear the pre-preggo ones or do we need bigger ones to accommodate the big nursing boobs?<br>
I'm getting ready for a trip and was thinking about just scrounging around for my old swimsuit but I've had some clogged duct issues that went on for months and started with a too-tight pre-preggo exercise bra. Can swimsuits do the same things? I figure finding nursing swimsuits will not be the easiest thing but perhaps its necesary to keep the mammaries happy?<br>
Look forward to your insights-thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
If you spend a lot of time in swimwear, a nursing suit might be for you. I never found one I liked, or that fit me, or that I could afford. My solution has been to wear swimsuit bottoms, a nursing bra, and a regular shirt that could pass for swimwear. I have some pre-preg black bikini bottoms, I wear with my thinnest black nursing bra, and a black sleeveless top made for running, made of similar fabric to the bikini bottoms.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I am having issues with this. I think for sure you need a size up in the top. We have already been swimming for awhile. I started off in my old swimsuit i got between babies. The top is a XS/S lol, so you can imagine... I got a clogged duct after nursing in it. It is halter-top style so not pull-to-the-side friendly. I actually retied the back to be more typical bra style, but this is just to make due until I can find something before we go to the lake. (Just me and the kids at my moms backyard pool right now. I would say to for sure stay away from halter style.<br>
There are several stores online that have nursing swimsuits. I even found a UK site that had a nursing bikini I loved, but it had no US$ price...<br><br>
With my first two I had a bandeau style top with a removable strap. I could pull the strap off easily and then one side down w/o the other coming down. It is old and worn out though... but never gave me duct trouble and I am very prone.<br><br>
Good luck.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I think just try some on, your old one might not do. i agree, halter is probably not the best. If you can find a bandeau or cross front top that would be easiest. i found alot of the "nursing" swimsuit styles in my size (I am so NOT a small!, more like XXL! LOL) were pretty much just cross front styles.<br><br>
i think nearly any non-underwire tankini type thing - or bikini if you can do this - would work, you could always pull up the tank, or tug down the top a bit. unless it is halter style.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts