Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The good news: I got a job offer today that cuts my commute from 48 miles to 1.5 miles and offers more money. I am taking the job!<br><br>
I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and scheduled to start the new job early June. I am not really showing (especially to people that don't know me or that I am pregnant) and interviewed several weeks ago. I have a pre-employment physical on Wednesday and I am worried it may be revealed then that I am pregnant. I don't know when the best time to say something would be. It is still early on in the pregnancy but I wouldn't want my new job to find out through the physical, although I am not sure it would come up. I will be returning to work after maternity leave.<br><br>
What would you do?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I wouldn't actually confess to anyone that i was pregnant until i was in 2nd trimester.<br><br>
But if you're having a physical done you're not likely going to be able to hide it because you'll at the very least probably have to give a urine sample right?

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
In the 2nd trimester for me, as well.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be in the 2nd trimester by the time I start.<br><br>
I know they will take a urine sample and do some blood work but I think the urine is only checked as a drug screen and the blood work to check my titers. The actual physical I might have to let them know I am pregnant. I guess I'll just see how the physical goes, I'll have an official offer letter in hand so they won't be able to revoke it but I don't want to start off a new job feeling like I am hiding something. On the plus side I know I'll be returning to work after the baby comes (not really a financial option right now).

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It came up in my physical. There was a question on there "Are you currently pregnant?". I didn't end up having to get any blood work only the urine drug screen.<br><br>
I was annoyed though because I went to HR first to fill out paperwork and was supposed to pick up my offer letter but it wasn't ready. So I don't have an official offer in hand and they know I am pregnant. I know they can't retract my offer if I am pregnant but I would feel a lot better having an offer in hand, plus I don't know the exact details of the offer (though I know it is more than I am currently making).<br><br>
But I filled out my W-2, had my physical, filled out the information for my background check, filled out my direct deposit slip and all the other assorted paperwork for starting a new job.<br><br>
I'll probably tell my new boss sometime after I start when we discuss the schedule.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts