Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I have two boys (6 & 3) and am expecting a new baby in March. We want to move before my oldest starts high school, but really can't afford it for awhile. Our local elementary school and middle school are great so there is really no pressure school-wise. OTH I have heard a bunch of different things about when kids are "too old" to move easily. Many people say to move before 5th grade so that ds will know a group of kids to start middle school with and others say it is fine/good to start either middle school/high school as the new kid since it is a time when a bunch of different elementary schools come together anyway.<br><br>
What do you all think? With the arrival of a new baby, DH and I are really trying to create some financial/life plans and want to take this into consideration.<br><br>
BJ<br>
Barney & Ben

·
Registered
779 Posts
Moving always sucks ( moved eight times before I graduated high school) The major moves were in the middle of third grade, summer between 5 and 6 grade, and summer before sophmore year high school. If you can do it before middle school the better. Tha tage is so hard as it is. Moving right before the sixth grade started sucked becasuse the clicks were established from elem. school. But the high school move was the worse. I don't think I need to explain why. Good luck, never an easy decison.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts