Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on Sunday that my shoes were a little more tight than usual and my socks were leaving a ring around my ankle more than usual. I also noticed an indentation when I pressed on my lower leg bone.

I thought it might have to do with eating wheat Saturday and Sunday. In general (even before pregnancy) wheat makes me a little bit puffy, although I don't think I've ever noticed my feet/ankles/legs before. Because I have a sensitivity to it, I've eaten very, very little of it during the pregnancy.

I had a dr.'s appointment Monday and my bp is great - 110/68 and no protein in the urine.

Just curious, how "normal" is swelling & is it always a bad sign? s there anything I should be doing to remedy it other than bump up my water, lie on left side, put my feet up? This pregnancy has been relatively uneventful and I'd like to keep it that way. Only 4 more weeks left

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
It's very normal
. Sounds like yours is very normal too esp with the good bp and no protein.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
I will take a picture of my cankles for you to see! Even my massive tree trunks are considered 'normal' I will take it later after my shower
one of the drawbacks of being barefoot is always having dirty feet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I go from normal, nice ankles in the morning when I wake up, to massive elephant feet by lunch time. I just broke my favorite pair of slippers, too.

My midwife says it's normal, and that it's more important to watch for hands/face swelling.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have massive swelling in both my hands and feet. And not just them - I'm talking from elbows and knees down. Last night my ankles were so swollen, I thought my skin would split.

But my BP is okay and no protein detected yet, so it's considered quite normal.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Totally normal, I started getting it last week when the weather warmed up. Then the temp dropped and the swelling went away. I'm expecting it to come back with a vengeance this weekend, we're expecting 70s and 80s. I'm thrilled that it will be warm, but not looking forward to the return of the Franken-cankles I had, lol.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reassurance ladies!

I'll pay attention to temperature affects - we're warming up too this weekend - yay!
: Guess it's one more reason to be thankful we're not due in August or September

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.