Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if any of you have experience or knowledge of a swollen lymph node in the groin area. I have a mound/lump under my skin on the bikini line area on my right side. It feels about the size of a grape, and is solid but not rock hard. It's been there for around a month, or at least I first noticed it about a month ago. When I found it it was at it's largest size, then it got smaller within a day or so. Then it flared up again about a week ago a day before I came down with a significant head cold. And a few weeks before I first found it I injured my left foot big toe...while cleaning our rabbit cage part of the cage fell and slammed into it. It bled and oozed for several days. The cut has since healed over, but my toe is still sore when I try to bend it completely. So, in other words I think I had a slight infection in my toe.
I know infection and illness can cause lymph nodes to swell, but for how long? Obviously I need to get back in to see a dr (I saw one initially and he said to keep an eye on it and if it doesn't disappear to go see my OB due to the area of the mass). But in the meantime, I'm wondering if any of you all have similar experience.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts