Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've developed a symphyseal separation at 16 weeks and I'm wondering if there is anything I can do besides the Tylenol my OB suggested and the pelvic support my chiro ordered? I'm in a lot of pain, and really worried that this is going to complicate the rest of my pregnancy. The separating is a little greater than an inch currently and widening.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I haven't found anything that works other them not laying down much... and when it started it was summer for me and the pool helped a lot (while I was in it)<br><br>
I don't take tylenol but I have taken a bit of Traumeel (with arnica etc) and that has helped at times...<br>
and this may not help you for now but it will help against any permanent damage that could happen is to NOT give birth in the standard hospital position...

·
Registered
105 Posts
So sorry to hear you have this. Mine developed at 16 weeks my first pregnancy as well. The only thing I found that helped even slightly was regular chiropractic care. I was in lots of pain the rest of pregnancy (the worst was going up and down stairs, rolling over in bed, and getting in/out of the car), but it didn't cause any other problems. I have also read not to give birth in the standard hospital position.<br><br>
I can tell you that the pain went away immediately after my son was born. I could still feel my pelvic bones moving around for over a year afterwards, but at least it didn't hurt anymore.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I would definitely say CHIRO--but you already have one. I had some pubic issues that were resolved with chiro appts, but it sounds like your situation is worse. Maybe up your chiro visits (if she/he says to) and lots of baths...<br>
I hope you feel better mama!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts