Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I eliminate soy/dairy because my ebf 5 m old son was having spit up, blood streaked greenish runnyish brownish poos which have stopped now that I don't consume soy at all. I was initially only avoiding dairy but nothing happened until I stopped soy... he's 3 weeks baseline with normal poo!

every day he gets red marks on his face, they seem to favor under and above his eye lids and are concentrated there. its not eczema or baby acne. allergist thought nothing of it and Pedi said nothing about it till I brought it up. I asked if it was due to teething and he said its a possibility. he said lots of babies have this. I'm just stumped. I keep a food journal but nothing seems to make sense with food. some days the marks are there, disappear, then reappear. very strange, only his face.

could it just be his saliva? he id drooling more (but ironically no dots near his chin/mouth) and sticks his fingers in his mouth and then all over his face.

I'm just stumped? anyone have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Can you post a picture? It's hard to figure out what you're describing. Are they hives? And you're sure it's not eczema?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they start out like red bumps then get smaller and/or even go away. dr. said it wasn't excema, its not like patches, they are bumps. localized near his eyes.

when i google excema the pictures they show do not look like this, nor do the google hive photos. they look like pimples minus and white mark. he rubs his face suggesting to me they itch, he rubs like crazy but that does not irritate them further from what i can tell.

i will try and take a photo, i tried a couple weeks ago for my friend who is a nurse but the marks don't show.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.