Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I just found out I am pregnant this weekend (so I'm not even 5 weeks yet) but I have absolutely no symptoms at all.  I know that can be normal and often doesn't start until later but with my two kids, I was nauseous and just "felt" pregnant before I even took a test, even before I was 4 weeks pregnant!  I also miscarried in February at 5 weeks and I had no symptoms at all for that pregnancy so I'm feeling nervous that i'm feeling so different from my two "successful" pregnancies and so similar to my miscarriage.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, I'm hoping someone else who has had a healthy baby has experienced very different pregnancies as well so I can try to hold onto that hope.  Another thing that may be a factor, I'm taking prometrium this time due to low progesterone (not an issue at all with my first two) and also a B complex with B6 in it, which I've read can reduce morning sickness so I'm wondering if maybe I'm feeling less "pregnant" because of that?  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Just in need of some hope inspiring stories!  Thanks!</p>

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
<p>With DS1 I had NO symptoms except my breasts got bigger. I was never nauseous with him. Smooth sailing. DS2 I was more nauseated and with DD1 I was nauseated constantly from 5 weeks until about four months along. This time I'm almost five weeks and haven't had a twinge of nausea. I don't blame you a bit for worrying but I can tell you that I have had three different pregnancies in terms of symptoms and no symptoms is a variant of normal. :p Good Luck!</p>

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
<p>With #1 I got sick a few days after I was late. With #2, I was like 6-7 weeks. It didn't get really bad like it was with #1 until I was 9 weeks and then it got much much worse. But I had pretty severe morning sickness with both. Otherwise both were different. First pregnancy I gained like 45-50 pounds, this one maybe close to 30. And this one everyone says they can't believe I am due in a month because I don't look pregnant other than my belly (huh?) Anyway, both are girls too!  Hardly any heartburn with this one too, but I do have SPD this time. So I think they are all different.</p>

·
Registered
997 Posts
<p>#1, got heavy nausea around 7 weeks to 12 weeks with no vomiting, #2 vomiting everyday from week 6 to week 15 this one was slight nausea only from week 7 to week 10.  Breast pain came and went day to day.</p>

·
Registered
6 Posts
<p>I am glad to read this thread!  I'm only just over 4 weeks but have really no symptoms.  My first pregnancy, I had breast tenderness almost right away that lasted into the 2nd tri.  This time, I only had the headache (I remember an awful headache early on the first time) and that's it.  I've been nervous about the lack of symptoms. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>SO - Callieollie - wish I had something reassuring to say, but I do wish you a very happy and healthy pregnancy!  And thank you for posting!</p>

·
Registered
591 Posts
<p>I've been pregnant 7 times.  I'm about to have my 5th baby, and I've had a 7wk miscarriage and an ectopic pregnancy.  My early symptoms have always varied for all of them.  Sometimes I have morning sickness, sometimes I don't.  Sometimes I have cramping, sometimes I don't.  Sometimes I have spotting, sometimes I don't.  Sometimes I have tender breasts, sometimes I don't.  None of it has been very indicative of how the pregnancy went.  Stay positive!</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts