Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My symptoms started with heartburn almost a week before my period was due. I took a test a couple days later, and it was positive. Because it was positive so early, I thought my previous period must have been implantation spotting, and that I was about 8 weeks along at the time (due 9/21). I just found out through an ultrasound this week I am NOW about 8 weeks along (due 10/17). My heartburn was followed, a couple weeks later, by nausea and extreme fatigue. Increased sensitivity to smell, increase in my bra size. But this week (with the exception of the bra size!) my symptoms are gone. This wasn't too disturbing when I thought I was 12 weeks along, but now that I'm told I'm 8, I'm pretty worried about it. I'm energetic and not at all nauseous. I did see the heartbeat, which was fine, on the U/S tuesday, but I know that's no guarantee. Am I right to be concerned? Has anyone else had this happen?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
My symptoms ceased up a bit at about 6 - 9 weeks and now the nausea, m/s are back at 9w3d... With me, symptoms come and go week by week. It was frustrating but at the same time a gift to have them gone for a bit. Try not to worry about it too much (I know easier said than done), rest up and keep a positive outlook!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I know I should be glad, it's so nice to feel better (I'd felt so much worse than I ever had with my son), but I can't help but worry.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think that it's totally normal to worry. If it's any reasurrance, with this pregnancy I've been having on-and-off symptoms, too. Things with your baby are changing so much and your body is trying to get used to the changes...just try to hang in there!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes it has happened to me. This past weekend I felt way too good for the 1st tri and I totally freaked out. But, later in the week all my symptoms came back full force... so really just enjoy feeling good while it lasts. I talked to a lot of other Mamas who had the same thing happen... symptoms coming and going... so hang in there.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have felt fine all week, not even tired (and I'd been just exhausted by 8:00 every night), no nausea.<br><br>
And I had an u/s today, and everything looks good in there. So...it can happen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts