Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
@verdantstone and I were chatting pregnancy symptoms/feelings so I thought I would make a thread!

I am feeling okay. I bit tired here and there but overall pretty decent. I am having SO MUCH cramping and round ligament pain which seems incredibly early. My midwife suggested that perhaps the cramping is related to the fact that I am still nursing my toddler (DOB: 7/14/15). The cramping freaks me out because I think it's the start of something awful but then seems to dissipate and everything is fine.

I am feeling pretty bitchy. I like a smoke and glass of wine at the end of the day to decompress and I am having a bit of a hard time with not having those now. I need to figure out other ways to decompress. Thank goodness it is gardening season. My husband is making me a little bonkers but I know he is working hard on our house and I am really grateful for that. (But would it kill him to throw in a load of wash?!)

I have toddler who hasn't slept through the night more than a handful of times and co-slept up until a few months ago so I am tired but I feel like that would be the case if I weren't pregnant. Pregnancy does seem to exacerbate that. I am trying to keep exercising a lot (running, hiking, walking the dogs, weight lifting) to combat the tiredness. It helps for about 3 hours and then I am a total wastoid and have to lay down. I am going to transition from exercising in the morning to in the afternoon I think which will get me through the dinner hour and then I can just pass out.

A couple things that I have going on right now that seem pretty weird are that my hands keep falling asleep, my blood pressure seems a bit wonky and my joints are loosey goosey. In terms of my joints I am guessing that the relaxin is just pumping through already and I am loosening up which I will be thankful for an cautious as to not break my ankle. Ha. I need to get my blood pressure checked but I am not super worried. Is wonky BP normal in early pregnancy? I can't remember. As for my arms falling asleep....who the heck knows. I am self prescribing more frequent massages. LOL!

Tell me what's going on with you!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I can relate to the bitchyness and I am usually a very patient person, but man I just want to be left alone lately. I knew I was pregnant because of the bone tiredness..I'm usually tired but I was falling asleep sitting up during the day so I knew something was up. Also getting out of breath at the slightest exertion. Both of those seem to have passed for the most part. Now it is random waves of nausea and smelling everything and food aversions that change from day to day. But overall my symptoms are mild enough that I worry..but just keep telling myself to enjoy an easy pregnancy while it lasts because tomorrow I may wake up sick as a dog.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can relate to the bitchyness and I am usually a very patient person, but man I just want to be left alone lately. I knew I was pregnant because of the bone tiredness..I'm usually tired but I was falling asleep sitting up during the day so I knew something was up. Also getting out of breath at the slightest exertion. Both of those seem to have passed for the most part. Now it is random waves of nausea and smelling everything and food aversions that change from day to day. But overall my symptoms are mild enough that I worry..but just keep telling myself to enjoy an easy pregnancy while it lasts because tomorrow I may wake up sick as a dog.
I think that is such a tough part of early pregnancy! Not really feeling pregnant can make you feel like a stress cadet. I have heard from a few others that around 8 weeks the symptoms start so maybe in a few weeks we will feel super crappy and certain these buggers are sticking. Ha!

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'll be 8wks tomorrow. This is my 3rd pregnancy. I have a 5yr old son and had an early loss in March of this year, but got pregnant again right away. I keep comparing pregnancies which I know I shouldn't do, but I can't help it. With him, I had bad cramping for weeks. Sometimes really uncomfortable, and other times just a background cramping that was always there. This time I only have had cramping here and there for very short period except for last week when I had it a couple days in a row and was very uncomfortable. It was at least part gas pain. My boobs hurt off and on, but hurt everyday at some point. They feel really heavy in the morning. I'm constantly poking them to make sure they still hurt. I have to wake to pee every single night. I was having trouble falling asleep, but that has improved so I'm not up for 2-3hrs every night. I'm falling asleep in the afternoon just sitting on the couch. I have montgomery tubules on my breasts, but they aren't really bigger yet. Sense of smell is out of control. And I have nausea this time.

It's normal for the symptoms to sort of come and go, right? I keep thinking something is wrong and the baby stopped growing. I was uncomfortable in my jeans at 10wks with my son, though my pants still fit. I heard this happens earlier with the second and hasn't happened to me yet, but I'm starting off heavier which maybe impacts it? I need to try to chill and not read into things.

I have an appt to hear the heartbeat in 2 wks. I will feel better after I hear it. Please be okay in there my little nugget.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be 8wks tomorrow. This is my 3rd pregnancy. I have a 5yr old son and had an early loss in March of this year, but got pregnant again right away. I keep comparing pregnancies which I know I shouldn't do, but I can't help it. With him, I had bad cramping for weeks. Sometimes really uncomfortable, and other times just a background cramping that was always there. This time I only have had cramping here and there for very short period except for last week when I had it a couple days in a row and was very uncomfortable. It was at least part gas pain. My boobs hurt off and on, but hurt everyday at some point. They feel really heavy in the morning. I'm constantly poking them to make sure they still hurt. I have to wake to pee every single night. I was having trouble falling asleep, but that has improved so I'm not up for 2-3hrs every night. I'm falling asleep in the afternoon just sitting on the couch. I have montgomery tubules on my breasts, but they aren't really bigger yet. Sense of smell is out of control. And I have nausea this time.

It's normal for the symptoms to sort of come and go, right? I keep thinking something is wrong and the baby stopped growing. I was uncomfortable in my jeans at 10wks with my son, though my pants still fit. I heard this happens earlier with the second and hasn't happened to me yet, but I'm starting off heavier which maybe impacts it? I need to try to chill and not read into things.

I have an appt to hear the heartbeat in 2 wks. I will feel better after I hear it. Please be okay in there my little nugget.
Sounds like symptoms coming and going is pretty common! For me, a lot seems to depend on what I have or have not eaten.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Well, no worries on the coming and going anymore. I vomited 4 times this morning and didn't vomit once with my son and I was fine when I woke up. I have more energy today, but I went to bed early. So I decided I'm just going to take it a day at a time. When I'm feeling icky, I'll rest. When I feel well, I'll get stuff done and not worry it means something is wrong. I have an appt to hear the heartbeat in two weeks, so until I have a reason to stress, I'm really going to try to chill. :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, no worries on the coming and going anymore. I vomited 4 times this morning and didn't vomit once with my son and I was fine when I woke up. I have more energy today, but I went to bed early. So I decided I'm just going to take it a day at a time. When I'm feeling icky, I'll rest. When I feel well, I'll get stuff done and not worry it means something is wrong. I have an appt to hear the heartbeat in two weeks, so until I have a reason to stress, I'm really going to try to chill. :)
OH MY GOD! 4 times!?!?! I am not envious of you, mama! I didn't have a whole lot of morning sickness with my last baby and this one has been pretty minimal as well. I am so thankful for that! I am constantly stressing over a mis. I need to get grip. This morning I had my first pee and thought there was some spotting. The increased vaginal discharge combined with a bit of dehydration made the discharge dark in color. Everything is fine now and I have been drinking lots of water. It is just so stressful! I am looking forward to some more security in the second trimester but it is summer so I don't want to wish the time away either!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh! I also realized today that when they told me to sleep when the baby sleeps they meant when he was a toddler and I was pregnant with my second. LOL! Hello daytime naps! :grin:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been feeling crazy. So tired, I fall asleep on the couch at some point every day and my older kids wake me up. I have been super bitchy too. You should have seen the death stare my husband got when he took one of my chips from my plate of nachos... he was like "Fine... nvm... I guess we don't share anymore." I said "I have to share ALL OF MY FOOD ALL OF THE TIME" Maybe a bit dramatic. :D

The nausea comes and goes, but if I don't eat throughout the day it gets pretty bad.

I had a bit of dark discharge last night and I was freaking out, since we lost our last pregnancy in a late miscarriage. Everything seems good today, lots of cravings and heartburn. I've also been having slight cramping, but nothing unusual.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Uggggh. Well, it looks like I have a fryable cervix again with this pregnancy. :( I bled for a long time with my first pregnancy and I thought I might escape it with this one. I had some bleeding on Saturday and then again today so I went in to the OB office my mom works in and had a transvaginal ultrasound. The pregnancy looks good (though my due date was pushed out 8 days, now due 1/29) but my cervix bleeds at the touch of a finger so that's a bummer. At least now I know though and that's way less stressful than thinking I am having a miscarriage.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
The pregnancy looks good (though my due date was pushed out 8 days, now due 1/29) but my cervix bleeds at the touch of a finger so that's a bummer. At least now I know though and that's way less stressful than thinking I am having a miscarriage.
Oh how disconcerting. :frown: But still, congrats on baby being okay! And we have the same EDD!

AFM : TIRED. SOFA KING TIRED. I'm aware I need to rest, and chill, and not try to overdo it but whyyy is that so much easier said than done?? :lol

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh how disconcerting. :frown: But still, congrats on baby being okay! And we have the same EDD!

AFM : TIRED. SOFA KING TIRED. I'm aware I need to rest, and chill, and not try to overdo it but whyyy is that so much easier said than done?? :lol
I know!!!!! It is impossible for me to take it easy! I'm not like super hardcore or anything. I just like my house to be picked up. Ha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.