Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone heard of it? just thouight i'd share since i lost 2 inches off my waist, abdomen, and hips in 1 and a half weeks.

t-tapp

only 15 min a day, works the whole boday, mind,... does wonders on the lymphatic and circulatory system...lowers blood sugar...

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
:

Oxycise is such a running joke w/ dh and I!!! We tried it for a week a LONG time ago and it was just hilarious!! At least it was good for a laugh.

So what is this program? Aerobics or what? I'm just confused. And how did you learn about it? I would love to try it...for free!! haha!! I'll be scoping ebay for it....

Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My mom saw it in FIT magazine. SHe read more about it, decided to try it (she has a really bad back) and started losing inches. Now she is a really busy woman, so I wondered how the hell she was toning up so much! Anyway she got me the Basic Plus & Step Away the Inches set for christmas last year.

(I have never heard of oxycise...sounds...I dunno.)

What is t-tapp? ---> http://www.t-tapp.com/newsletter/current.asp

Quote:
"What is T-Tapp?

T-Tapp is a physical therapy approach to fitness that I initially created while pursuing a career as a physician for cancer patients and for people with bad backs. My mother died from cancer when I was young so I had experienced first hand what physical challenges cancer patients endure while going through medical treatments. Furthermore, an injury to my spine made me acutely aware of the importance of spinal alignment for pain management. So, I created a wellness workout with body mechanics such as leverage isometrics, linear alignment, neuro-kinetic flow and lymphatic function to intensify muscle movement and deliver relief.* In addition to improving lymphadema and sciatica, most patients received significant inch loss, as well as, increased energy with only 15 minutes of daily movement! With these kinds of results I decided to change my career to Rehabilitative Physiology and core density became the primary focus in developing T-Tapp over 25 years ago - long before core strength became a fitness buzzword.

Upon first viewing, T-Tapp looks like an aerobic, body sculpting fitness program done without weights or jumping, but it is much more than that. T-Tapp's rehabilitative, full fiber muscle mechanics can be applied to any type of exercise program, including weight training, to maximize results. In fact, application of T-Tapp techniques enable the body to develop greater muscle density instead of muscle bulk, as well as, develop greater muscle balance with strength and flexibility. What this translates to is longer, leaner muscles that work like girdles to cinch-in, uplift, tighten and tone.*But, in addition to quick inch loss, these techniques also improve glucose control, cardiac function and help rehabilitate joint or spinal situations."

You can Try Before You Buy

I love it because I can do it without the DVD now, since I've already got the techniques engraved in my mind. With a new babe, its hard to find the time for exercise!! But I can sling him and apply the techniques while walking, or just do it in front of him when he's awake (he'll tolerate 15 min) or do it during his nap and have time to shower afterwards. And when that after-birth weight loss just suddenly stopped, I really wanted to do something to get the momentum going again, but was too weak to do any active excercise (even pilates was hard to do at that time). Anyway, I love it personally.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I doubt that Teresa Tapp ever did an informercial. You may be confusing it with something else. I had heard that she'd been offered infomercial deals but always turns them down. Her tapes are so no nonsense - no elaborate packaging, Barbie Doll fitness instructors, no music. Just the workouts, instructionals and "meet the team" sections so that you can meet the "real" people who are in the videos. I really respect her dedication, integrity and knowledge.

I met Teresa and went to one of her clinics in NYC. I'm telling you that I have NEVER been so sore in my life as I was after that clinic. The clinics are for getting form correction and tips plus motivation so I don't think you would ever get that sore at home. Also, during the clinics you do 2-4 workouts per day. But within a week of starting up with T-Tapp I always lose about one size or more. My problem is consistency. I love it though. The T-Tapp discussion forum is a phenomenal place of support. They also offer free phone support.

If anyone wants to help support each other through a T-Tapp bootcamp let me know!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I am such an easy sell, I want to try it right now!!! But I don't really want to spend any money on it, you know?! I'm such a nerd. I'm sure I'll try it out when we have some extra money. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is the "Try Before You Buy" section. It is honestly enough to get you going. Oh and for future reference, the DVDs are not burnable..
:

motionmama, I am trying to do bootcamp...trying to at least get the basic plus in every day (though with my almost 3mo, a day gets skipped every so often...). I like the "step away the inches"...i have never sweated so much standing in one spot! Oh, but is anything but boring. Like you stated in your pp, there is no music...because there is a lot to think about!
To me it is honestly the best of all activities... I am a lover of yoga, pilates, running, weight lifting, swimming, and aerobics. T-tapp kinda combines the BENEFITS of them all.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
so how long is the basic workout? I want to order or buy on ebay, but some tapes say 68min.... There's NO way I'd ever do that.

I really want to get it but we don't have extra money now.... I think I need to sell some fluff and help cover it. I don't want to part w/ my wonderoos though! Even though Lily isn't using them anymore....

ANYWAY should I get the $50 program or will the $40 one be sufficient? I'm afraid I'll get it and not do it and just waste the money... Any advice?!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the basic plus is sufficient. I got the basic plus & step away deal as a gift, so i didnt pay for it...but i love the step away when i'mcraving a good sweat and burn. The basic plus is generally 15-20 min. The step away is about...20? I'm not sure. When first getting the hang of it, it will take longer to adjust your form (key to inch loss!). Oncce I got it down though, I now do it in about 10 minutes (took about 3 weeks) without the tape.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I did some of the exercises from the "Try It" section yesterday and they were good! A couple of them I couldn't figure out and didn't quite make sense, but most were good. I think I'll buy the CDs whenever I sell some stuff. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hoe downs are my favorite...instantly lowers glucose levels..

when eating out, i include them in my bathroom visit..hehe, sometimes i wonder if people see mee through the stall cracks.. haha

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Just wanted to say THANKS! I went to a class on Tues and it was a great workout! Loved it. And I bought the video from her so I'm excited to do that tomorrow. The class was really helpful though b/c form is so important w/ this and there's no way for me to know what I'm doing right or wrong, really. Like my "flat back" was waaaaayy... too high, and I had no idea! I'm going to another class next Tues. and then that's it b/c I'm moving. Anyway, thanks for turning me on to this b/c it's perfect for me!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
for christmas, my mom bought me the basic workout plus (with DVD 1 and 2) and the step away the inches(walking) dvd...I love both. the walking one is a good cardio/toning/fat burning one that gets you sweating! and you're basically walking in place.
But I have memorized the Basic Workout Plus, so I don't use the dvd anymore, and I could probably memorize the walking one if I did it more often.
: But I'd rather have her talking honestly (as a pp mentioned, there is no music-for a reason).

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I just moved to GA and there's no T-Tapp class here, and that just sucks all the motivation out of me! I haven't done it since Jan.... What's the deal??? I need to just get up and do it. I love it. It's simple, challenging, quick, but effective.

Ok, so I have a date w/ T-Tapp tomorrow!! And I'm going to measure too. Yikes!

1 - 20 of 271 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.