Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone want to host a diaper party in the Tacoma/Olympia area? I want to go to a diaper party- and I would host it but I am staying with my parents until we find a place. I was just thinking there are a lot of mamas in the Tacoma/Olympia area and North Seattle or higher is a bit much for us to drive. Okay- just putting the idea out there! I would love to help plan if anyone wants to host!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi! First off I just had to post because my daughter's name is Rayne and she was born 3-05-03!!! I thought that was cool! I would possibly like to host a diaper party, but I don't know what it involves, so lmk what I would need to do and such and I will see if I am able to host one. Thanks....
Shilowe

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shilowe- okay the name thing is pretty funny but then I saw your DD middle name and my little Rainey's last name is Alexander- that is way too funny!!!!

So about the party, (and anyone else pipe in here please!) but I was thinking we could do a "bring a snack" so then you wouldnt have to do any food and maybe we all bring snaks or paper plates. Then really you only have to have a house that has a bit of room and some free time. I dont what time works best for these things- I would think maybe the day. I would think it would go about 2-3 hours.

Okay there are my thoughts.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It sounds good to me....I still am not sure what happens at a diaper party though...could you inform me?? We just have a 1 bedroom apt. but a very large living room with lots of seating. LMK what a diaper party is all about and then maybe we can try and get one together with othe mamas!!!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi- Okay this is what I am thinking- All the mamas that want to come can bring there fav dipes and do a show and tell- like for example I have never seen a FB so it would be nice to see one- or some nice wool soakers- but what ever anyone has that is "too cute" just a show off and learn what works- kinda like the LLL has support groups to learn and share about BF'ding we can do a learn and share about cloth. Also if there are mamas who make dipe they can make some and bring them so if anyone wants to buy one they can. I make my own- so I have only really seen 3 other diapers before. That is my idea.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay- well first my e-mail is [email protected] so you can e-mail me or we can just keep the ideas here if anyone else wants to pipe in-

I guess first you should go to the club house and see what dates they have open- maybe we should do it the first week of Nov. like maybe that Tue or Wed. Then we will post it on this board and get a list of the mamas that will come. That gives everyone almost 2 weeks to plan. I am thinking maybe 1 or 2 p.m. (after most nap times) would be good and I think it will last about 2 hours or maybe a bit more. After you can get a date and time let me know- I will post a new thread about it and we will get the names of the mamas that want to go. I guess we can also make a list of things that people can bring and then they can opt to bring something if they can.

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Depending on when it is I might come. Dh's mom lives in Tacoma but I would prefer not to see her so I could go to the party while he visits his mom.
And I sew so I could bring what I sew and I have a small collection of WAHM diapers and brand name diapers (like Fuzzibunz, etc)

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Megan- I cant believe you live here!! I love your little girl- she has huge blue eyes just like my Rainey and I love looking at her pic! I am still waiting to here from Shilowe to see what time she could get for the club house but I will let you know- glad to know you are interested!

Katie- I know what you mean- I have lived in Michigan for the last 5 years and even when I lived in "hippy" Ann Arbor it was not very AP style parenting! So I feel for you sister! I am sending you "find a good hippy tirbe" vibes! Or come home soon vibes????? What ever you pick.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry guys! I kept checking my email to see if there had been a reply to this thread and I never got an email alert until today!! I pmd Crayon and I am going to find out on Monday (office at apt. building is closed all weekend) when I can get the big common room and then I will post it on here and PM Crayon. Looking forward to meeting some mamas and sharing CD stuff.....

·
Registered
702 Posts
Teehee, I just posted on the other thread about missing the one up north because of my kids having headlice. Anyway, done with that now and save for living further north than Tacoma, I'd be willing to host it as well (I'm in Kent).

Anyhow, I'll come, and I even know where Shilowe lives.
I've got lots of itty bitty dipes to show off that are custom, because of our sweet WAHM's who decided to make some doll sized dipes for my preemie... I'll be there with bells on - okay, maybe not bells...
And if you need an alternate place to have the party, I'm willing to host, as long as you're willing to come to Kent. (Or we could do one later at my house, no biggie to me - just gives me an excuse to clean!)

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rikki-

I am so glad to hear you are going to come. Maybe we will host the next one in Kent!!! that is not too far. mostly south of Seattle is good for most people in the olympia area! I want to see your itti-bitty dipes- I was thinking about making some to donate to the hospital. But when do I have time :LOL

glad to see people want to come!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Shilowe, yeah I had her.
I guess I really should post her birth story in that forum... She was born only one day shy of "term" 36w6d, but I know that she was actually younger than that. I'm guessing somewhere around 34 or 35 weeks, judging by her amount of languno and her weight (4#8oz.). She's 4.5 weeks old now, was brought into the world via induction because I had PIH and she was IUGR. Anyhow, she's getting bigger by the minute, but still in preemie sized clothes.

I will definitely make it to the diaper party... in fact Shilowe, if you're free sometime this week give me a buzz or email, I'd love to get together and I'm probably going to be in Tacoma a lot since I'm going to hunt down the good LC that I had at Mary Bridge with Shayna... PJ, the new one is still to little to latch on to me, so we're having to give her bottles of EBM and I'm not liking that at all! Anyway, I'm in desperate need of that LC and probably the speech therapist that we saw back then as well... I've told PJ that she has only until Thanksgiving to learn how to nurse or her mother is going to be a basket case!

Now...back to the thread at hand. Have we a time frame or day yet? I found out today that we have the dreaded lice still, so I'm diligently working on getting rid of them. Doing my hair next as a just in case, since I swear I've been itching since I found out...ugh. I hate living in this state for only this reason... We *never* had lice in CA.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Rikki, I will definently get in contact with you, I'll look for you on IM. Hope you get your new little one to latch soon, I know how that feels as I know you know...I went to a lactation consultant at St. Joe's midwives...across the street from the hospital and the lady I had was AWESOME....very very caring and very helpful. As for the diaper party...I have to wait until tomorrow to get some dates that the common room will be open and them I will post on here with available dates and find out when the best time for everyone will be. So look for it tomorrow sometime probably in the afternoon. Hope you get that lice thing cleared up....just what you need right? Take care all,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello ladies!
I'd love to "chime in" and say I'm interested in a sound end diaper party. We live in Sumner. I wish we had more space at our house and I'd offer to host! Hoping to connect with some other cool natural mamas soon...we've only lived here a year since moving from Capital Hill-Seattle! I still haven't made it to any NW -AP events, and only a couple LLL meetings in Puyallup.I'll look forward to hearing what develops with the diaper party! DS is 22 mo. and we have several different wrap styles we could share
Peace, Jen

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi jen!

I am glad you are going to come!

Shilowe- I totaly understand- If I get in a sewing mode I am stuck- lol! I will look for your post some time on Wed. I went to the LLL meeting today in Yelm- it was nice because there was a baby the same age as Rainey and one 2 months older so it was great to see how other babies act together. Also I have talked with a mama there about starting cloth and I told her about our party and she said she would come!!! So, maybe we have antoher cloth mama to add to the area!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.