Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be in Tacoma visiting my parents for a couple of weeks, and want to get my new tat while I'm there so that my (dying) mom can be with me. Can anyone recommend a good tattoo artist? (Bonus points for pictures of their work.
)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
my cousin does tattooing on that side of the state. I have his number, I should try to give him a call, especially since i want him to do a sketch for my 8th. anyways, i have seen his work and it is excellent. not just becuase he is family, but as in an artist, its excellent.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Oooh oooh ooh! Flaming Dragon Tattoo. They have two shops, one on S. 38th and on on 6th Ave. Everyone in there is EXCELLENT. My guy, Jason did a stunning Alphonse Mucha arm piece on me. They've also been featured in Tattoo Magazine. Some people say they're the best on the West Coast. I wouldn't know well enough to say, all I can say is they're amazing.
One word of warning though - call ahead and make an appointment. They are very well booked up due to the quality of their work year round, but summer is wicked busy.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't due Olymbia or Seattle, due to childcare issues. Flaming Dragon on 6the sounds good (Lots of praise for them all over the internet), but they only make appointments in person, so I'll just have to hope for the best once I get into town.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Too bad that they wouldn't make an appointment over the phone.

But I can understand why. As I said, they are so darned busy. And people can be flakes...so it would be a terrible waste of their time if you didn't show. Maybe if you tell them I sent you (Holly with the Mucha tat) they'll give you a break when you go in, and do their best to get you in.
Crossing my fingers for you, mama. And if you need any more Tacoma help, feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Maybe if you tell them I sent you (Holly with the Mucha tat) they'll give you a break when you go in, and do their best to get you in.
That's pronounced "Moo-kah" like the artist and not "moo-chah" like the Spanish, right?

I'll be going in tomorrow, hopefully, to see what they have to say. Will I be able to take the kids in with me just to make the appointment? I'll be able to arrange childcare for them for the actual tattoo once I know when it is. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessielove
So you'll be there for awhile! Good deal
Do you think you'll still be up for a get together sometime during your visit?
Missed this here, but we've addressed it elsewhere. I just run into you everywhere these days! lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.