Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd (21 months) has been having loose stools for two weeks. Nothing has changed in her diet, and she has a very good diet (whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies, organic meat and dairy, water, no supplements). She is never ever sick.

However, my sister recently had a baby and my ds started school. He usually gets at least one cold this time of year when the weather changes and he goes to school and has to wash his own hands. So I began giving him a multivitamin and taking SA myself (not to bowel tolerance but nearly so) so that I could help my sister care for the baby and not get sick (she is single and has very little help other than me).

I didn't connect my SA to my dd's stools until I just read a thread on the vax forum about a mom taking SA to help prevent an infant who is too young for SA from getting pertussis. I didn't realize so much passes through. Also she has been nursing a lot more lately because she sees the baby nurse, LOL.

Do you think this could be the cause of her loose stools? If so, will it hurt her, or will it keep her healthy? I'm going to stop taking it regardless because my sister is doing better. I can't think of anything else. My diet hasn't changed either. She is going like three times a day and I am having to use diaper liners, which feel like dryer sheets! I don't want to take her to the dr because he will push us to vax and I am tired of it. Thanks!

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Quote:
Do you think this could be the cause of her loose stools? If so, will it hurt her, or will it keep her healthy?
that could very well be the cause.
no, it will not keep her healthier. SA is not a balanced vita c and should only be taken during illness or at the very onset.

you ought to take a balanced food grade vita c if anything.

your healthy diet should be enough though.

in my opinion most supplements should only be taken when we are sick.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Ha ha, I did not say I have a good diet, only dd. I am trying though. I stopped taking the SA. I just didn't want to wait for an illness because I was scared I wouldn't have been able to help w/ the baby. We'll see how the dipes look in a few days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.