Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my second thread today here on GD - you can tell we had a banner day here today!

Anyhow, an issue we have is ds1 taking random swats at ds2. Times when they aren't even interacting. Ds2 is just walking by, and ds1 will hit him (not hard, but enough to count as a "hit"), or do something like yell "Boo!" or "Roar!" in his face, all of which usually upset ds2 and make him cry. We have discussed all of these things with ds1 many times - how it makes ds2 feel, how ds1 would feel if someone did that to him, different ways to get ds2's attention, asking us for help is he is frustrated with ds2, blah blah blah. But he still does it. And it's starting to sound really lame to just keep repeating myself. I have sat down with ds to try to discuss it, but most of his answers/suggestions are "I don't know." The kicker is that ds1 is most of the time the sweetest brother ever. But then out of the blue he'll turn around and do something mean.

I feel like it's really unfair to ds2 for him to have this happen while I do this whole GD/non punishment thing with ds1. But I really don't know what else to do.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts