Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kid's fine. It's my mom. She's in the hospital for a broken leg that needs surgery. I'm wanting to visit her but I don't know if it is wise to bring along my DD who's 10 and a half months old.

Do I bring her and risk the nastiness of a germy hospital or do I leave her and haul the pump w/me and find places to pump while I'm visiting Mom?

· Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by apecaut View Post
I would take her. Great sig line by the way.

*nod* I was made aware of it through the local coordinator for it on http://www.indymoms.com and it just honestly struck me as something that I can get behind no matter what.

Once I arrange transport, I will absolutely go see her in the afternoon since Visiting hours are 2-8

· Registered
13,743 Posts
We went through this with my FIL, who went in with cellulitis when DD was 10 days old and came out when she was 15 months old. Some wards will be funny, some nurses will be funny. A sling will make it clear to them that you won't let your DD play on the floor, and once they've met you and realise you don't let her cry
it should be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.