Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally perfected my fitted pattern. I don't have a snap press, so I am using aplix, which is fine - I actually prefer it. It makes it faster to put the diaper on and has more adjustability. I like covers with snaps for the look and to keep DD from taking them off. Anyway, I am making separate doublers for my fitteds and have just been laying them in the diaper. All the fitteds I have bought have either snap-in or sewn-in doublers. Why is this? My DD is almost 11 months and not walking yet. Do the doublers tend to shift when they get moving more? Is there some reason why I will need the doublers to be attached to the diapers eventually? They are working just fine for now. The only issue we have is that it confuses DH to have so many pieces to figure out - diaper, doubler, cover... I just leave a pile of AIOs for him - LOL!

Thanks for any insight on this!

Capemom

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I think doublers are usually snapped or sewn for ease of use (like your DH needs
). Especially when you have a wiggly baby, it's sometimes beneficial to have all pieces pre-attached so you don't have things flying off during the alligator roll.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I agree w/ the PP. I never really had the "my baby wiggles" problem till the feet started running! Now Its work to change her. Because of this I LOVE Aplix Pockets esp for out of the house changes!
The less pieces to worry about the quicker the change

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I use a lot of AIO's and all the doublers are lay in. I also have one AIO where the soaker part is a lay in. So far, no shifting problems.

If I am going out, I will match everything up for dh so he doesn't have to think. Apparently matching the blue fleece topped insert to the blue fleece lined diaper is way too hard for him

As for the alligator death roll - I learned how to gently restrain my rolling child during diaper changes. First, lay them on the floor between your legs. Then place your legs over their legs and arms with just a tiny amount of pressure (just enough that they can feel you're there.) This will trap them long enough for you to whip a diaper on and off but they can't roll.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.