Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen 7th Gen products and heard about them a little, but I never paid them any attention cause I assumed that they weren't available in my neck of the woods.

Now I'm seeing them at Target, and I picked up some paper towels and surface cleaner. I really like them!

So please, tell me about 7th Gen. Are there any other products that I should look out for? Are there any health/ethical/environmental reasons NOT to use 7th Gen products?

TIA!

·
Registered
944 Posts
We use their sposies and wipers. Also, I just started using the baby laundry detergent. I just love them.

I have purchased their carpet cleaner but have not tried it yet.

·
Premium Member
8,322 Posts
I get all my 7th thru frontier coop. I use the cleaning solutions, paper towels, sposies (when I need a backup for my cds) wipes (same thing), detergent, and dishwasher cleaner and now tissues. Great products, high price so I get it thru frontier.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I use almost everything from them. I have been for almost as long as they have been out. You can get a lot at Whole Foods and if you do not have one drugstore.com sells a lot and they are the cheapest and the have free shipping on larger orders. I use the sposies for emergencoe sand if we go away and the wipes as well. Otherwise we use the tp,paper towels (brown) detergent, dish soap,dishwasher soap,laundry soap, spray cleaner, and toilet bowl cleaner. We were part of a marketing study and they gave me a TON of free product and paid me and gave me coupons to boot. I LOVE SEVENTH GEN>>>>

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I noticed that these just popped up at the commissery and was wondering the same things myself. We have the dish washing detergent and like it. I'm curious as to whether it's really as natural as they appear. I'm glad I found this thread - I'll continue to lurk.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I use and enjoy a lot of their products, too, and wondered if they were as 'green' as they purport to be. Not that I have reason to think otherwise, but you know how companies tend to market their products to look healthy and environmentally friendly, when they're really not. So if anyone has any inside dirt on 7th Gen., I'd love to know.

·
Banned
486 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
I use and enjoy a lot of their products, too, and wondered if they were as 'green' as they purport to be. Not that I have reason to think otherwise, but you know how companies tend to market their products to look healthy and environmentally friendly, when they're really not. So if anyone has any inside dirt on 7th Gen., I'd love to know.
I don't, but I think it's not so much an issue of products marketed to "look healthy and environmentally friendly, when they're really not", but rather one of making the other products seem unfriendly, when really they're just as, or practically as, friendly.

Robert

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
i use a lot of their products and love them! they aren't as expensive if you combine store sales with the $1 off online coupon!
i think they try their hardest to make their stuff in the most environmentrally friendly way possible.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
love their products.
they are biodegradable, low VOCs, not animal derived, and not tested on animals. the packaging is also easily recyclable (mostly #1 and #2 plastics)

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Their wipes give my baby a rash.
: I hate their dishwasher soap as it does not dissolve in my machine. My front loading washer does not dissolve dry laundry detergent so I cannot use theirs. I do like their counter cleaning spray but that is all.

I prefer BioKleen products. They work great.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
I have no dirt on them and don't know how friendly or not they are, but drugstore.com has them 30% off and free ship on $25 order (link on ebates, I believe)

Thanks! I just bought 25.01 worth of stuff. After the thirty percent off, and the gas saved on driving twenty minutes to get to Target, buying environmental sound products just SAVED me money!

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowpansy View Post
Their wipes give my baby a rash.
: I hate their dishwasher soap as it does not dissolve in my machine. My front loading washer does not dissolve dry laundry detergent so I cannot use theirs. I do like their counter cleaning spray but that is all.

I prefer BioKleen products. They work great.
I prefer the BioKleen dish washing detergent to the 7th Generation (does not get the dishes clean as well IME) but thought I would let you know (and any other front loading washing owning mamas out there) that they do have a HE liquid laundry soap. It has worked really, really well for us.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I like their toilet paper, because it doesn't fall apart as easily as the other brands. I also like their baby wipes (we use these when we travel). They don't cause any type of rash on us!

Jessie
(single mommy to Emma, 3 1/2 years and Angela, 2 years)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.