Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've been doing some research and I want to try adding vitamin and mineral supplements to C's diet, and in my research I found this stuff, which is supposed to be good for spectrum kids. Then I thought I'd come here and see if anyone has any experience with these supplements, since I know you guys have BTDT with just about everything!

So if these are good, is there a specific formula thats better than others? Are there any other products you'd recommend? How easy is it to hide this kind of thing in food or juice? What else should I be looking into? What would I do without the wise women here to tell me what to do?

·
Registered
44 Posts
hi,

we gave this to my son for about 8 or 9 months, and really didn't notice any differences. it didn't harm him in any way, but there just didn't seem to be any benefit. we put it in his water cup, told him it was juice, and he drank it right up.

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
It should be easy to hide if you don't have a super picky kiddo (I gave it by syringe I think). It has been a long time--I give supplements apart from each other now. That is a pain in the rear so I'm not recommending it.
This is a decent supplement in my mind. My son did get sick with the high b6 but he's probably unusual in that..if it happens you would back off on the dose or maybe split it in two doses.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
DS's dr perscribes him that... ummm... ok it's Kirkman labs "Nu-thera with P5P" (the pills)

anyway, it's just a multi-vitamin / mineral, but everything is in the activated or bioavailable forms, and it's free of all the allergens we need it to be free of.
FYI, it says here P5P is the "active coenzyme of vitamin B6"

my guy takes pills, so that's easy. he has lots more... cod liver oil, vit E, probiotic, buffered magnesium, calcium, trace minerals, melatonin,
OK, that's what he has now, previously he's used even more. All this comes direct from the Dr, he's been through tons of blood/urine/stool tests to figure what we need. without that, I'd not be scared to give any of the above, but you'd just want to be sure you're not giving too much and there's no bad reactions.

If I recall, this bottle of 300 was $55... he takes 2 a day.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your replies. I ordered 3 trial size liquids to see which is easiest to get into him. I figure like bennie'smama said, even if it doesn'[t help, it's surely not going to hurt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.