Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,752 Posts
DARE took my innocent six year old and 'convinced' him that crack cocaine was a bad idea.( I agree but he was SIX..come on people ....use your head...) Our school snuck in the permission letter at the beginning of the year. ( we took him out of ps at the end of the year) I hated that my baby was exposed to that kind of stuff. I hated that he knew all the 'hip' names for drugs. He didn't need to know that garbage. They basically armed him with information to take to the streets. Now the kids know what to ask for. To me it's like talking the "sex education" they give kids of the same age. Here are all the diseases you can get , here are some of the bad things that will happen and OH here's your complimentary box of condoms. Idiots.

I find it ironic that they take our kids (some without parental knowledge) and discuss peer pressure under the guise of keeping them off drugs. And we parents should let the kids do it because "everyone else does it".

· Registered
2,752 Posts
In reference to my post about my six year old going thru DARE:

Quote:

Originally Posted by EFmom
Wow, I've never heard of DARE being offered to a first grade class before. Where I am it's 4th or 5th, depending on the school.
He wasn't in first grade. He was in kindergarten. In an all kindergarten school builiding. Yes. Kindergarten. They teach sex ed here in third grade. Eight to Nine year olds. Yep. Complete with the complimentary box of condoms.

Who was it that said (I'm too lazy to go find the post): let school teach the 3R's and parents teach morality.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.